Request new server command

Request a new feature.
Tez

Request new server command

Post by Tez » 14 Sep 2018, 18:28

Hello
I am developing an application
I am drawing frame using ADD_FRAME command.
But when I want to draw a new frame
I can not delete frame from application
Request to add CLEAR_FRAME command

Sorry for my poor English

Thank you

han.k

Re: Request new server command

Post by han.k » 14 Sep 2018, 19:42

Tez wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 18:28
I am drawing frame using ADD_FRAME command.
But when I want to draw a new frame
I can not delete frame from application
Request to add CLEAR_FRAME command
Hello Tez,

Use the SET_FRAME command. This will show only one frame. Any new SET_FRAME command will just move the existing frame around.

I will soon introduce a CLEAR_FRAME command anyhow. This could be useful for showing a mosaic. Give me a week for that.

p.s. Just curious, what is purpose of your application?

http://www.hnsky.org/help/uk/hnsky.htm#server

Clear skies, Han

Tez

Post by Tez » 15 Sep 2018, 04:57

Hello han,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
In my application,define the center coordinates,fov,frame count(w,h),camera angle.
then,show visualization the arrangement of the mosaic frame(see sample image(sorry in Japanese)).

there is one more request
I want to get the coordinates of the center of the frame to get the coordinates by APT to registration the coodinates.
Request the function that centering the frame by "Center on" .

Clear skies, Tez

Tez

Post by Tez » 15 Sep 2018, 05:01

Hello han,
I send you the limk to the image
[url]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkJnRSvFwoxggfVE7g1MW0ZPz_PmAw

Tez

han.k

Post by han.k » 15 Sep 2018, 18:05

Hello Tez,

I have added a new DELETE_FRAME command in HNSKY version 4.0.0t (Windows). E.g.:

delete_frame frame7

This will delete the frame with name frame7. The program will search for the frame7 and remove it from supplement 2.

For you second request. I did not fully understand it, but I think you want to retrieve the center position of the frame. This has been solved by adding the position during creation as second name. It is readable for humans. You can retrieve this position by the SEARCH function also modified.

Example:
add_frame 0.01 0.007 0 1.570796326795 0.785398163397 frame1

Then retrieve the frame center position by the search command:

search frame1

Response will be:

1.5637003 0.7888982 frame1 6:00 00.0 +45d 00 00

Note that the frame center position is "6:00 00.0 +45d 00 00". This is what you required?
Note also that position of the label is 1.5637003 0.7888982 in radians. So this is one of the corners of the frame.

If your happy with HNSKY & APT, please report it on the APT webpage.

You application looks interesting. Note that can set frames in HNSKY by activating the measuring frame and hitting the HOME button. These frames get the center position as labels.

Finally how good it the very old Japanese translation of HNSKY? Can it be updated by somebody?

Clear skies,
Han
server command hnsky.png
server command hnsky.png (318.16 KiB) Viewed 2516 times

Tez

Post by Tez » 16 Sep 2018, 05:13

Hello Han,
Thank you for your quick response.
DELETE_FRAME command works fine.(but It seems to be a little slow to process many mosaic frames)

Regarding the second request.
Perhaps APT get coordinates by GET_POS command.For that, I need to put the center of the frame in the center of the screen.
I don't need to retrieve the coordinates.

Japanese translation of HNSKY is good enough for me.

Clear skies,
Tez

han.k

Post by han.k » 16 Sep 2018, 10:49

Hello Tez,

The delete command is not efficient. It searches in supplement 2 from the beginning to the end for the frame name. The only way to speed up is to keep supplement 2 small/empty. Remove any redundant information from supplement 2.

APT retrieves the information from HNSKY using the GET_TARGET command. This is the position of the last object found/clicked or exported on in HNSKY. APT doesn't use the GET_POS or SET_POS commands for the center of the HNSKY map.

So currently the only way to get a mosaic frame position in APT is to place the cursor in the middle of the mosaic and use the mouse right button and select "Export position to server"

So the current HNSKY frames don't have a clickable center nor does the frame label report the center position. Probably the best solution would be to have rectangle objects with a clickable center similar as the current ovals for galaxies. Then a rectangle frame would be a single object in the supplement. Now the rectangle frame are made out of four individual lines. The clickable center of that single object can be searched and therefore exported to APT.

Before I start any new ideas, can you describe how your work flow will be. How will your program operate/work with HNSKY and APT?

p.s. I use the following program to test the server link of HNSKY. Maybe usefull for testing.
http://www.hnsky.org/testnet.zip

Clear skies, Han

han.k

Post by han.k » 20 Sep 2018, 10:22

Note that the position angle of the frames in HNSKY version 4.0.0u have been changed. The angle is now confirm the PA used for deep sky objects. Also the frames are now a single line in the supplement. A server search will report the center position.

Han

A sketch made for APT communication:
APT-HNSKY server link1.gif
APT-HNSKY server link1.gif (20.28 KiB) Viewed 2496 times

Tez

Post by Tez » 21 Sep 2018, 15:38

Hello Han,

I created empty supplement file ,but speed did not improve.

The workflow I'm considering is.
1. Crete the frame(mosaic or single frame) by defining FOV,rotation angle,overlap,framecount(WxH).
2. Draw the frame in HNSKY.
3. Import the frame center coordinates and the rotation angle to APT by clicking the frame .

I am expecting a new version!

p.s. Ver.4.0.0t Right ckick -> Markers and lines -> Clear markers does not work. (In previous version,that works fine )

Clear skies,Tez

han.k

Post by han.k » 21 Sep 2018, 18:18

Hello Tez,

I checked the version on the web and it is 4.0.0u. Can you retry and check if you execute the last version? File date is 2018-9-20

Before you do that, I found twist in the APT communication and decided to change the angles. I discussed it with Ivo and the next ß version of APT should be fine. But most likley you have to wait for it. Now the apt SHOW button will show the wrong position angle.

But now APT can import the center positions. So that should be an improvement.

See
https://aptforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1966

I tested the clear markers. It works but note that is restores the old situation by loading the previous supplement 2. After saving supplement 2 the markers become permanent and you have to remove them manually from supplement 2.

With respect to the speed, I can't do much about it.

Hope this helps.

Han