installing star data base on Mac

Questions, support and discussions
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wglogowski
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

installing star data base on Mac

Post by wglogowski » 22 Feb 2020, 16:09

Hello,
How do I install the G17 Johnson-V magnitude star database on my Mac? I do not have a windows emulator installed and the only files I can find are exe extensions that don't open on a Mac.

Thanks
Walter

han.k

Re: installing star data base on Mac

Post by han.k » 22 Feb 2020, 21:29

Hello Walter,

That is not foreseen for the Mac. I will upload a version with the colour star database inside.

Han

wglogowski
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by wglogowski » 22 Feb 2020, 22:19

Thank you!!!

Walter

han.k

Post by han.k » 23 Feb 2020, 10:37

Okay it is now uploaded at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/astap- ... g/download

Took some time. Several uploads failed. For the future it will be better to have the star database at a separate location. I have to investigate for a proper location.

Han

wglogowski

Post by wglogowski » 23 Feb 2020, 15:38

Thank you, I downloaded it last night and it works perfectly! Thank you, Thank you.

Walter

han.k

Post by han.k » 23 Feb 2020, 18:32

Hello Walter,

I have created ASTAP version 0.9.326. The only difference is that now for the Mac the star database is installed at a separate location /usr/local/opt/astap. So you have to install two files, the program ASTAP and the G17 and/or V17 star database. V17 is the new name for the database with Johnson-V magnitudes.

You can select G17 or V17 in tab Alignment.

Would be nice if you could test it.

Clear skies, Han

wglogowski

Post by wglogowski » 23 Feb 2020, 20:20

Okay, will do when I get home tonight

wglogowski

Post by wglogowski » 24 Feb 2020, 03:36

Hello

The new install worked perfectly ... both ASTAP and the star catalog. I tested it and was able to plot variables

Thank you so much!

Walter

Would be nice if you could test it.

Clear skies, Han
[/quote]