Problems with RAW files on OS X

Questions, support and discussions
rbarbera

Problems with RAW files on OS X

Post by rbarbera » 20 Dec 2019, 10:27

Hi, I'm learning to use ASTAP 0.9.305a on macOS Mojave (10.14.6) and I'm having problems with RAW files from Nikon and Canon. In both cases when I load the image I see a green tinted version:
nikon.png
nikon.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 684 times
canon.png
canon.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 684 times
I try to debayer the images using the RGGB matrix pattern
Captura de pantalla 2019-12-20 a las 10.18.31.png
Captura de pantalla 2019-12-20 a las 10.18.31.png (120.46 KiB) Viewed 684 times
But I got a pure monochromatic images
nikon_test.png
nikon_test.png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 684 times
canon_test.png
canon_test.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 684 times
I'm pretty sure that I'm doing something wrong but I'm unable to discover what. I've tried all the matrix options with wrong results on all of them (sometimes green dominant like on those and others magenta dominant).

I've uploaded the two raw files to

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1su7pqupzeeiv ... 8.CR2?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdxx5lbgq3uhy ... 1.nef?dl=0

han.k

Re: Problems with RAW files on OS X

Post by han.k » 20 Dec 2019, 15:26

For the CR2 files the pattern is RG = RGGB. Yes they are pretty green which many people have. The white balance is not correct. You can fix that for the viewer by going to tab pixelmath 1, go to topic colour correction, press auto and press apply. During stacking the colours ares corrected automatically if have selected in tab stack method,topic "raw one shot colour image", check mark "Auto levels and colour smooth". This option is already check marked in your screen shots.

The .nef file, it look the debayer pattern is BGGR. Als there you can go to Pixel math 1, go to topic colour correction, press auto and press apply. The M42 image is pretty saturated so the bright parts are all white. For M42 you should shorter exposuse times.

Maybe it is better I use "Auto levels and colour smooth" by default if you try to use preview. Currently it is only used during stacking.

Your camera is 12 bit, so the De-bayer method as set on your screen shot is correct. The colours will get better if you stack. Do you use any light pollution flter?

Han