stacking questions

Questions, support and discussions
tchallaaoc

stacking questions

Post by tchallaaoc » 03 Nov 2019, 21:46

Within ASTAP is it:

1) Possible to batch crop?
2) Calibrate and save calibrated lights or master darks/flats, etc..
3) Stack sets of data in one shot. ex: i took lights, flats, darks, dark flats one night of ic 63. next night i had to take out camera shift it a bit, and then took ic 63 again but then had to take another set of flats, dark flats. Can I stack all in one shot or stack 1 night then stack 2nd night then stack the resultant 2 images together to get a composite of day 1 & 2 of ic 63.

Hope that makes sense. Love your products.

tchalla

han.k

Re: stacking questions

Post by han.k » 03 Nov 2019, 21:59

That should all be possible already. You can add several image series of different object under lights (you can also add dark, flats ....under images). They only thing you have to do is to checkmark classify on object. Same for the darks. You can classify on exposure length and temperature. For flats you can classify on filter.

The result files will be visible under tab results. If required you can automatically shutdown the computer after completion.

In practice I don't use classify on object very often. For the selection of the best frames, I prefer to do manually. For darks and flats classify it is very handy.

Batch crop? Not yet. How do you want operate that? Maybe I can allow "oversize" to be negative.....
Later: That works already. See tab Stack method, oversize. Try a negative value.

Han

matthew_carlos

Post by matthew_carlos » 03 Nov 2019, 23:36

Thanks Han. I'll try it tonight when I get off work.

To batch crop I opened up Pix Insight
created an image container - added all the 5040 x 3300 lights
opened up dynamic crop - chose 4850 x 3288 as the dimension I wanted
dragged dynamic crop over to image container
executed crop.

Come to think of it, batch crop really isn't that necessary. Not sure why I brought it up since its soo low priority.

han.k

Post by han.k » 04 Nov 2019, 11:58

A crop function for the finished image is already available. Place the mouse at one corner. Hold the right mouse button down and pull a rectangle. Release the mouse button and select crop. (use crtr-Z to undo.)

A more precise method is cut off one side. Just click the right mouse buton and select in the popup menu one of the four remove border options.

Han