Astrometric v Local Astrometry.net solution differences

Questions, support and discussions
lodrigj

Re: Astrometric v Local Astrometry.net solution differences

Post by lodrigj » 06 Aug 2019, 15:13

Hello Han,

I tried it with admin privileges and astrometric alignment worked with the CR2 in the root of the C drive.

Using Astrometry.net (with admin priv), I get this error message in the console:
0 [main] bash 1184 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
Reading input file 1 of 1: "C:/IMG_2827.fit"...
cygwin warning:
MS-DOS style path detected: C:/IMG_2827.fit
Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/IMG_2827.fit
CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.h ... -pathnames
ERROR: Image type not recognized: Could not determine file type (does the file exist?): C:/IMG_2827.fit
augment-xylist.c:585:backtick Failed to run command: /usr/lib/astrometry/bin/image2pnm.py --no-fits2fits --fix-sdss --infile C:/IMG_2827.fit --uncompressed-outfile /tmp/tmp.uncompressed.ad8yFX --outfile /tmp/tmp.ppm.N05Zvp --ppm
ioutils.c:605:run_command_get_outputs Command failed: return value 255

C:\Program Files\astap>
Trying it with admin privileges opening the CR2 file from the D: drive,

Again in solves very quickly with astrometric aligment, but returns a similar error when trying an astrometry.net solve.

Jerry

han.k

Post by han.k » 06 Aug 2019, 21:59

Even with admin right, Win10 doesn't allow you to write in c:\ This is the message which I get if i try to save a text file to c:\ using Notepad.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (4.51 KiB) Viewed 8438 times
Try it in a sub directory.

Han

lodrigj

Post by lodrigj » 07 Aug 2019, 06:41

Hi Han,

I apologize for taking up so much of your time with this problem. I'm sure it's something I'm doing and I feel like I'm wasting your time, so I won't bother you any more.

As I mentioned in my previous post, this problem was also with the D:\ drive, in addition to the C:\ drive. I didn't post the error from the D:\ drive because it was exactly the same as the one for the C:\ drive, except it said D:\ instead of C:\.

I really appreciate all the help you have been. Maybe someone else can help me with this problem that doesn't seem to be ASTAP's fault.

Jerry