Using a mouse without a scroll-wheel

Request a new feature.
jst200

Using a mouse without a scroll-wheel

Post by jst200 » 03 Sep 2018, 14:56

Hi Han,

Whilst playing with the Mosaic feature, I realised I couldn't rotate the Measuring Frame. This is because my Astro laptop's mousepad has no scroll-wheel function (my other Dell laptop does have this facility).

Would it be possible for you to add a keyboard option for this function?

Thanks, Jim

han.k

Re: Using a mouse without a scroll-wheel

Post by han.k » 04 Sep 2018, 19:30

Hello Jim,

I had a look to the code. First idea was to use ALT-Pgup/PgDown but it is a little messy to implement in the current mouse routine, so I'm a little reluctant to do it. Looking around there are a few programs around with can direct the keyboard to a wheel scroll. Maybe you could use that or just find a other mouse?

Han

jst200

Post by jst200 » 06 Sep 2018, 10:29

Hi Han,

It works fine when I use a real mouse (which I do have). It's just that I don't often connect an external mouse to my Laptop; I just use it's mousepad and for some reason the Dell Inspiron 15 range doesn't provide the function on it's mousepad.

I'll see if I can find an alternative solution. If I do I'll report back, of course. :)

Thanks, Jim

jst200

Post by jst200 » 06 Sep 2018, 10:50

Hi Han,

I'm an idiot! :oops: I've been here before and had already found the solution, but forgot! :roll:
In fact I could have sworn that I had already discussed it with you. But I can't find any posts relating to it, so it must be a case of "de ja vue" ;)

Anyway, the answer is the touchpad DOES have a scroll facility. You use two fingers on the pad to scroll up and down! I also found the touchpad also has 3 and 4 finger gestures too!

As always thanks for your patience and support.

Cheers, Jim

han.k

Post by han.k » 06 Sep 2018, 15:50

Good it is solved.

Feedback is rare but always welcome. Triggers me to rethink the setup. :)

I have done some mosaics but it still a lot of work. Using a wide angle lens is much easier.

Clear skies, Han