HNSKY version 4.0.0ß

All news and announcements are here
han.k

HNSKY version 4.0.0ß

Post by han.k » 03 Jan 2018, 00:48

First best wishes to all users for 2018.

A new HNSKY version 4.0.0ß3 is out for both MS-Windows and Linux.

The functionality is the same as version 3.4.0. The only mayor difference is the new fast swipe possibilities. If the field is smaller then about 60 degrees you can swipe the "canvas" almost instantly. To implement this feature was not easy and required a major re-coding introducing many code challenges but also allowed some software maintenance. I think all problems are now fixed. The only minor known problems up to now, are the slow object menu and a very very minor flickering if the telescope is connected.

The Linux versions have now been updated with the correct language file. All version are now at 4.0.0ß3

Since Yahoo created some problems and requires a Yahoo account. I have created a new HNSKY forum at
http://www.hnsky.org/forum/index.php

Due to lack of time, I didn't work on it but it is operational. If people are interested, they could help with the administration of this forum. It is on the HNSKY webpage, so fully adjustable. If this is working well, the intention is to abandon this Yahoo forum slowly.

Clear skies, Han

han.k

Re: HNSKY version 4.0.0ß

Post by han.k » 08 Jan 2018, 23:06

That where some severe bugs in the previous versions. If you are using version 4.0.0ß, I would suggest to install version 4.0.0ß8 released today.

Clear skies,
Han